There are many reasons why being a dog is amazing. As 2017 begins and we say so long to 2016, I find myself thinking about exactly how lucky I am to be where I am today.
I’ve been through a lot this past year. I met my 21st Century Animal HealthCare family and became their canine pet representative in the great state of Arizona, was introduced to Simon, and learned a lot about living a happy and healthy life.
With my experiences in 2016 and the plans I have for 2017, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be my best year yet. I’m sure a lot of you are hoping for that same thing! I can’t blame you. But why don’t we really take the time to have a bang up year?
Let’s start by reflecting upon why it’s great to be YOU! Take a moment and write a short list of reasons why it’s wonderful to be who you are, whether that’s a dog, cat, human, reptile or bird. Why is it great being exactly who you are in 2017? Here are my top 10 reasons.
Why it’s great to be a furry canine:
- No one judges you if you stop and sniff the fire hydrants – I mean, roses.
- No one expects you to pay the household bills. It really is nice not to have that burden.
- Eating food off of the floor is not only acceptable for dogs like me, some people actually expect us to do it for them.
- If you have a little extra weight around the mid section, you only have your human to blame.
- Healthy choices – when it comes to supplements and diets plans – are strictly maintained by others around you. It sure makes you feel less guilty if you have a cheat day.
- You don’t have to clean up after yourself. If you make a mess or accidentally potty on the floor it magically disappears within minutes. (Off course I try very hard never to let this happen as dad really likes to keep our home clean)
- Sleeping in until noon each day is totally acceptable.
- Playing games and licking faces are the biggest responsibilities you’ll face all year.
- You don’t have to be embarrassed if you’re a bit gassy around friends.
- You don’t have to shower on a daily basis or go into the office during the day! (though off course those days I do get to visit the office are awesome, so many people wanting to play and talk with me)
There are many reasons why it’s great to be you in 2017 – and every year for that matter. You just have to take the time to reflect and think about why it’s pawsome to be who and where you are today. I know I’m loving every moment of it. Here’s to an amazing next 11 months!