Being a cat is a pretty fantastic deal. My name is Simon and I’ve been a cat my entire life. There are many reasons why being a cat is fantastic. Cats make the perfect pet, they really do. Read below for 10 reasons why being a cat is so special (and much better than being a dog).
If you don’t know much about me, you can read more here: http://blog.21stessentialpet.com/2016/03/meet-simon-the-smarty-cat/
Please feel free to tell us why you love cats on our pet-lovin’ Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!
10 Reasons Why Cats Are Awesome, from Simon the cat:
- We are independent thinkers. We don’t need to be entertained 24 hours a day. In fact, we’d rather sleep.
- You don’t have to take us outside to go to the bathroom. We do it all by ourselves.
- It doesn’t take forever to housebreak us. We are attracted to the litter box and that’s where we go. End of the story. In fact we are so smart we can actually be trained to use and flush a regular toilet, how smart is that.
- You can leave us home while you’re out and about. You don’t even have to take us to a kennel! As cats, we can fend for ourselves, for at least a couple of days. As long as we have a clean litter box, food and water, we are golden.
- You don’t have to take us on long walks while we sniff every fire hydrant in the neighborhood. Most of us get our exercise indoors. We like simple toys and love to cuddle up on a cold day. Note: not all cats are exactly the same. Some furry felines prefer anonymity.
- You don’t have to bathe us very often, or at all. Please. Keep us out of the water. It’s cold and wet and most of us don’t like it. We prefer to groom ourselves. Thank you very much.
- Studies have shown that cats can reduce stress levels. This can help lower your risk of heart disease among other things. See, cats are amazing creatures!
- A cat’s purr is like music to your ears. Whether it is high or low pitched, we know you love it. Studies have shown that it can lower blood pressure, as well.
- We offer companionship. Not all cats are as solitary as you might think. Some of us are pretty social and love to be pet and appreciated. We love to show our appreciation as well.
- There are many of us that need adopting. Visit your local Humane Society or animal shelter and you’ll see that many cats are awaiting their forever home. Consider getting a fully-trained cat. Talk with the professionals at the Humane Society. They will set you up with the cat with the personality right for you and your lifestyle.
Cats are wonderful! Don’t you agree?