Dogs are wildly popular. In fact, an estimated 44% of all households in the United States have a canine companion. And the statistic has grown rapidly over the last six years. In 2017, a total of about 89.7 million dogs live in household in the United States.1
August 26th was National Dog Day and since we are an animal healthcare company, as well as avid dog lovers, we thought it would be appropriate to write a blog post in celebration of the many wonderful dogs out there.
With that being said, we’ve written numerous articles about our love for pets and why they are so easy to fall for. Let’s take a different spin on it this time – keep reading.
Is it their beautiful furry faces or their unconditional love? There are so many reasons to love a dog that it’s hard to pin it down. So let’s briefly take this great question and answer one thing people desperately love about particular breeds of dog.
What’s the best thing about these 10 dog breeds?
Labrador retriever – Labs are incredibly smart. This makes them easy to train and hard not to love.
- Pomeranian – It has to be their fluffy hair. Have you ever given a Pomeranian a bath only to find that they look 10 times smaller? Adorable!
- Shih Tzu – These lovable dogs are loyal and happy. A Shih Tzu has a great temperament and a personality that tops the charts.
- Golden Retriever – These dogs are also very smart and make awesome companion animals. They are wonderful in so many ways.
- Dachshund – They are so cute that it’s hard not to love their motivated personalities. They are stubborn, smart and loving. They also have a long life span.
- Bulldog – A bulldog typically has a relaxed and easy going personality. They don’t make a fuss about much and get along with children really well.
- Boxer – These dogs are incredibly loyal and love their families. You’ll know they are around and they’ll enjoy every moment of being with you.
- Beagle – Beagles are loving and active creatures. They get along with everyone and want to keep moving. Beagles have great energy!
- Rottweiler – These big dogs are affectionate, smart and loyal. That’s why they make great family dogs. They like to be around people as much as possible.
- Weimaraner – Aside from the fact that they make great hunters, they are also strikingly beautiful. Don’t you love their coat?
Listed above are only 10 popular breeds of dogs in America. There are many other amazing dogs out there and many lovable mutts that always have their own unique personalities. What kind of dog do you have? What is your favorite thing about them? We’re sorry that we are unable to name all of the breeds and mixed breeds in this post, but join us on our Facebook page and tell us what you love most about your wonderful dog.
Happy (belated) National Dog Day!
1Stats pulled from statista.com
-Photo Credit: From Pixabay by ElvisClooth