You love your cat and she loves you. You enjoy each others company, spending time at home and perhaps outside, but do you ever think about what else there is to do with your furry feline? There are many ways to have fun with your cat and in many different places. Our pets are like our family members, right? So why not plan a family vacation with your pet? Below are a few great places to take your cat.
This post is a continuation of another post we shared last week that included 9 Fun Places to Take Your Dog. We know that cats are much different creatures than dogs and we can’t leave out our furry feline friends. We also know that some cats are indoor pets only, so keep a few of these tips in mind and only do what works best for you and your feline-loving family.
Fun places to take your cat:
1. Scavenger hunt! Some cats do not like to head outside the home, so take your cat on an adventure or scavenger hunt around your house. Consider placing his or her favorite toy in certain spots for him to find. Catnip or something they are drawn to might also be a great way to help them get exercise and have fun around the home. Where did my catnip go?
2. Take them shopping with you. This is an easy one, as long as your cat likes being out and about, and you might not have to travel that far to find a pet friendly store like PetSmart. Your pet will most likely love all of the fun smells and other furry faces around the store. MEOW!
3. Bring your cat to a pet convention. People in the pet industry are familiar with trade shows like Global Pet Expo. It is not open to the public, but the pets have so much fun and are treated like the stars they are. If you ever get the chance to attend a pet convention, give it a go!
4. Visit a pet friendly hotel. There are several hotels around the world that are pet friendly. You don’t have to leave your cat at home or with a sitter for your family vacation. A lot of pet friendly hotels offer specials accommodations and amenities for pets! Have a purrrfect trip!
5. Take your cat on a cruise. Did you know that there are cruise lines that allow cats? This might be a great way to spend time with your pet while having a fun getaway yourself. All aboard!
6. Does your cat like the car? Not all cats like the smooth vibrations and confining spaces of cars. But if you are one of the lucky ones, a road trip with your cat might be something worth trying. Head to one of the many car friendly states listed in this article. Buckle up for safety!
7. A trip to the veterinarian. We will admit that most cats don’t enjoy going to the veterinarian or consider it a fun place. But over the years there has been a decline in felines visiting their veterinarians regularly. It might be just what your cat needs to live a longer and healthier life. This one is to help your pet have fun for years to come. No shots, please!
8. Explore the great outdoors! So maybe your pet likes being outside, but you worry too much about him running around without supervision. Have you ever considered training your cat on a leash? It can be done. We promise.
Wherever you decide to go, have a good time and remember to check with your veterinarian before you take your dog or cat on a vacation in the car or on a plane. Let them know your plans and get their opinion on whether or not your pets are suited for it. There are many benefits to having your furry companion tag along with you on a vacation. Have a good time and enjoy the fun!