In 2017, it seems like we are becoming a ‘get things done’ society and doing things ourselves (DIY) has become increasingly more common. When it comes to your pets and their needs, what types of DIY projects do you do for or with your pets?
As the warmer weather comes to a close, you might find yourself in an artistic, do-it-yourself kind of mood. Below are a few fun ideas to try. Make your pet your guinea pig (literally and not literally) as you try out these projects that could potentially be great DIY holiday gifts!
Send us pictures via our pet-lovin’ Facebook page of any DIY projects you’ve done with your pets.
Here are 21 fun DIY projects for pet owners:
- Make your pet a new bed
- Build your dog or cat a house
- Make them a new outfit
- Create a homemade costume
- Create a dog leash holder
- Build them a pet tent
- Help your pet look adorable with a no-sew bow tie
- Put together a pet tee-pee
- Make a variety of homemade cat wands
- Build your cat a scratch pad
- Bake them made from scratch food
- Make your cat a few felted fish toys
- Make your own dog treats
- Make a pet bowl stand for your dog or cat
- Build an easy dog food canister
- Make a few dog toys
- Create a paw print project
- Craft your own dog waste bag holder
- DIY a dog leash out of t-shirts
- Make your puppy special booties
- Build or refit a cabinet to house all your pet’s toys, meds, collars, leashes, waste bags, treats and food in one place so you always know where to go to get something for them.