Do the dropping temperatures have you fantasizing about warmer destinations? Planning a road trip is a great way to beat the wintertime blues— but don’t forget about your four-legged family members!
Do you have a pet that loves to sneak food off of the counter or table during the holidays? Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It’s time to refresh your memory on the dangers of certain foods to pets. Don’t let your pet get a hold of food that could land you in the pet ER instead of enjoying the holiday festivities.
With the adorable costumes, numerous visitors, bags of candy, and exciting holiday parties – Halloween is one of the most popular American holidays in the United States. Most humans love Halloween, but what about our furry friends? Not all pets enjoy the constant noise and commotion that comes with this well-liked celebration. But what can you do to help your pet and yourself have a great time on October 31st?
Summer break is coming to a close. Kids are chomping at the bits to go back-to-school (just kidding), but what about our furry family members? How will they cope with the schedule change? There are several ways to make the transition back-to-school run more smoothly for everyone.
Summertime is finally here, but with all the hustle and bustle of school being out and other summertime situations, it might make your pet a bit uncomfortable. New noises, different schedules and traveling can cause angst among many furry friends. The good new is this: We have products exclusively available at PetSmart that will offer your pet calming support for uncomfortable situations. Read on for more information.
Are you planning a nice summer vacation with the family? Or are you without school age children and want to get away to somewhere warmer? Either way, you don’t have to leave the pets at home. Don’t spend another dime on boarding pets if you don’t have to. There are many things you can do to make traveling with pets an enjoyable experience.
The Paw Print Blog is a proud sponsor of 21st Century AnimalHealthcare, a business located in Tempe, Arizona. 21st Century AnimalHealthcare has had Essential Pet products available in PetSmart stores for over 15 years. Over the years, some of our products have inevitably changed and some have remained the same. We have our favorites, as we discussed in a previous blog post, and we have new products being announced very soon. We love what we do and are proud to be pet owners ourselves. It’s wonderful that we can work in a business that truly believes in the health and well-being of dogs and cats!
With that being said, are you a user of Essential Pet products? Do you have any favorites? We often get feedback on our Facebook page from fans that have positive comments or questions, and it really helps us determine and evaluate what is working and what is not. What Essential Pet products do you have in your home?
Whether you have a dog or a cat, we have several products to meet the needs of many furry companions. Does your dog need a hip & joint care supplement or something to help his or her coat look healthier and shinier? We’ve got you covered! By clicking on the top of this page where it reads PET PRODUCTS (or click on this link) you can find a full list of our trusted pet care products available exclusively at PetSmart sores.
If you are new to our blog and want to find out more about Essential Pet products, here is a quick list of a few posts where we talk in more detail about what products we think you might need in your home:
- Calming support for pets in nervous situations like holidays
- Pets that show signs of skin sensitivities
- Hairball support for cats
- Salmon oil products great for dogs
- Skin & coat care for pets
- 8 products to keep in your first aide kit
If you have any questions about our products or company, please feel free to contact us any time. We are here to help! We have a wide range of trusted pet care solutions. If you are looking for anything specific, send us a message on our Facebook page and we’ll let you know if we have what you are looking for. Thank you for having Essential Pet products in your home and for following our blog. We really appreciate it.
Our trusted pet care products for dogs and cats have been available in PetSmart stores for about 15 years now – how the time flies. Here at the office in Tempe, we have our favorites that we give our pets and don’t plan to stray from those staples. Whether you have an older pet that could be on the brink of developing joint issues or a cat that suffers from excessive hairballs, we have products with formulations that can help. 21st Century Essential Pet products for dogs and cats offer solutions to many health care issues and needs.
Our Favorite Essential Pet Care Products Include:
- Essential Pet Hot Spot Spray is available for dogs and cats and is great to have handy around the house. It is a favorite among many pet people to help with dry skin irritations, itching and scratching. It offers fast relief that dogs and pet owners truly appreciate. Call this product a keeper!
- To help remove dirt and dissolve wax buildup from dog’s ears we use Essential Pet Clean Ear Cleansing Liquid. It works great and is very popular for many dog owners, including ourselves. We have several products for dog ear and eye care. If there is something else you are looking for, take a look here: http://21stessentialpet.com/subcategory-dog.asp?sc=9.
- Cats are natural self-groomers. In this self-grooming process, they ingest hair which can build up and cause hairballs. While cat’s have a natural ability to expel this ingested hair, brushing and supplementation with Essential Pet Hairball Soft Chews may help support this process.
- Hip and Joint care for ageing dogs is important. Are you currently using a joint supplement for dogs? Try Hip & Joint Mega-Max Care Soft Chews to support joints and mobility. A soft chew is an easy way to give your pet a rewarding treat that they will easily consume and enjoy.
- Does your pet show signs of stress? We have a product that offers calming support called Pet-EZE Soft Chews for Dogs. The next time you think your pet will be put in a stressful situation, start to give him or her a calming supplement a few days before and during the event to support their anxiety levels.
- If your pet is in need of a food supplement for pregnant or lactating dogs, try Essential Pet Milk Replacer for Dogs. Our milk replacer is designed to meet the nutritional needs of young puppies being weaned from their mother, or bottle-fed puppies progressing to solid foods. Give it a try!
We are curious about what you have in your cabinet? Do you have a favorite Essential Pet product that you simply can’t do without? Tell us more on our Facebook page. We’d enjoy hearing from you!
Over 10 million pets are lost each year. One out of three pets is lost during its lifetime and one in ten family pets are found.* While the statistics do not sound too terrible, think about why the nine pets were found. The pet parents most likely took precautionary measures to make sure they were able to find their pet in case it became lost.
If you’ve ever lost a pet you know the feeling of worry, heartbreak and sometimes relief that comes with it. July is National Lost Pet Prevention Month and we’d like to offer you a few tips so you may never have to go through this terrifying experience like so many people do. If you have any other helpful tips for pet owners, feel free to share them with us on our Facebook page. Join in the conversation. We’d love to hear from you.
8 quick tips to help with pet loss prevention:
- Always put a collar on your dog or cat with proper identification affixed. Be sure that you don’t forget to update your information when it changes. This is an easy step to forget.
- Use a GPS tracker. There are several collars and tags that have GPS capabilities. Imagine being able to simply login to your cell phone app to see where your furry friend is roaming around. How convenient!
- Stay alert. Being aware of your surroundings and understanding where there is a possibility of a pet getting away from the home or yard is half the battle.
- Keep your screen doors on and/or windows closed. Some cats like to escape through an open window. For obvious safety reasons, keep the windows and doors closed that offer access to an unsecure area outside.
- Get your pet microchipped. It’s not as expensive as you might think. Talk to your veterinarian for more information and to see if this option is right for your pet.
- Take precautionary measures. Several pets go missing around stressful holidays like the 4th of July. Many dogs and cats are scared of the loud noises that come with this annual event. Prepare your pet with a calming supplement from Essential Pet. This could save you and your pet a lot of grief.
- Triple check your surroundings and tools regularly. Take a stroll around your yard to make sure there are no new exit opportunities that have formed. Make sure your pet’s collar and leash are still in good condition. You should also make sure your child or a visitor has not left a gate open in the yard. Feel confident in knowing that your pet is safely playing in the backyard.
- Always use a leash outside of the home. Even if you have a dog that’s not prone to run off, you never know what can happen.
Take the proper precautions to help prevent losing a pet. You probably know the feeling and prefer not to experience it. Be sure to take a little bit of time and you might not ever have to know the horrifying feeling again.
*Statistic according to the National Council of Pet Population Study and Policy and National Humane Society.
We’re just going to cut to the chase and ask: Have you ever used calming support supplements to help your pet deal with uncomfortable situations like 4th of July fireworks? If yes, you already know the many benefits to using this natural and effective approach to soothing your pet. If no, keep reading and we’ll help you understand why we stand by our Essential Pet Pet-EZE products exclusively available at PetSmart stores nationwide.
Here’s how it works: Pet-EZE contains ingredients that have been proven to help soothe pets in uncomfortable situations. Like many things, it can take time to see the full effect of the calming support. We recommend administering these delicious chews to your pets at least a few days before the uncomfortable event. Head out to PetSmart now and start giving your dog or cat Pet-EZE in preparation for the big day. Don’t forget to read the directions on the package. Depending on the size of you pet, they might need more than one dose per day.
Dogs and cats can benefit from calming support from Essential Pet products. Both dogs and cats find large crowds, unexpected car rides and loud noises disturbing. Offer your pet a calming support product to help them get through these tough times. Whether you have a small, medium or large sized dog, we’ve got you covered with Pet-EZE Soft Chews. We also have Pet-EZE Paw Paste for cats formulated by veterinarians. For smaller cats you apply approximately one inch of paste to cat’s paw once daily. For larger cats, apply approximately one inch of paste two times daily. Be sure to read the instructions before beginning any new pet care product.
Does you pet hate fireworks? Try Pet-EZE and let us know how they do this year. And remember that there are other things you can do in addition to offer a calming support supplement. Stay tuned for another blog post with specific recommendations on what to do when the fireworks are taunting your furry friend.