When to have a dog or cat spayed or neutered is a subject of debate in the veterinary and rescue fields, but all tend to agree that it is a healthy and positive choice for pets. The month of February is nationally recognized as Spay/Neuter Awareness Month. With shelters experiencing overcrowding, in the month of February, consider these top 5 reasons why you should spay or neuter your pet.
Is the weather getting cold in your corner of the world? There are many wonderful indoor activities you can partake in during the chilly winter months. Here’s a cute idea we came up with to help you make it through winter while still enjoying yourself. This winter, try reading these five pet-related books to yourself or out loud to your furry friend. For added appeal, sit by a cozy fireplace to help with the ambiance and mood.
Do you have a pet that loves to sneak food off of the counter or table during the holidays? Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It’s time to refresh your memory on the dangers of certain foods to pets. Don’t let your pet get a hold of food that could land you in the pet ER instead of enjoying the holiday festivities.
The Halloween costumes are put away along with all the candy (unfortunately), and I am already loosening my belt in anticipation of a Thanksgiving Day feast. So it seems only logical to begin to prepare for a safe and sane December holiday season with your pets.
You love your cat and she loves you. You enjoy each others company, spending time at home and perhaps outside, but do you ever think about what else there is to do with your furry feline? There are many ways to have fun with your cat and in many different places. Our pets are like our family members, right? So why not plan a family vacation with your pet? Below are a few great places to take your cat.
September is Happy Healthy Cat month! Did you know what we offer a full line of cat health care products? Essential Pet has multiple solutions for your cat’s health needs.
21st Century Animal HealthCare is the provider of a trusted product line called Essential Pet Products. These dog and cat health care products are exclusively available at PetSmart stores nationwide. You can find them online or in the isles.
With the changing weather, make sure you keep your pets skin and coat in tip top condition going into the fall. What does it mean if your dog’s coat is looking dull and lifeless? What can you do to help?
Here are 5 hints and tricks of the trade for that shiny glossy coat.
Surgery or any procedure that requires general anesthesia for your dog or cat is a big deal, but by taking a few basic steps to prepare both before and after, you will help reduce some of your anxiety as well as increase the comfort of your pet. Of course, it is most important that you follow your veterinarian’s pre- and post-surgical instructions.
Some of you may already know this, but 21st Century Animal HealthCare is the provider of a trusted product line called 21st Century Essential Pet Products. These dog and cat health care products are exclusively available at PetSmart stores nationwide. You can find them online or in the isles. On our Paw Print blog, we like to write fun and helpful posts that include tips about weather, holidays, giveaways and more. Once in a while we like to tell you a little bit about our trusted pet care products, too. Do you have a dog or cat? Visit our website to learn more about 21st Century Animal HealthCare.
Here are a few of our favorite Essential Pet Feline Products:
- HAIRBALL CONTROL: Got hairballs? Essential Pet has a product for that! Cats are natural self-groomers. In this self-grooming process, they ingest hair which can build up and cause hairballs. While cat’s have a natural ability to expel this ingested hair, hand brushing and supplementation with 21st Century Essential Pet Hairball Soft Chews may help support this process.
- SKIN & COAT: Who doesn’t love soft and smooth fur? You can help support your cat’s skin and coat with the yummy chicken taste found in 21st Century’s Skin & Coat Soft Chews. Your feline will purr for it.
- CALMING SUPPORT: Do you have a nervous cat? 21st Century Essential Pet Soft Chews are a great way to offer calming support to your furry feline. Great for use while traveling and when you’re away. These soft chews are delicious, palatable and contain natural ingredients.
- EYE CARE: Get rid of tear stains. Remove tough tear stains from your cuddly feline with Essential Pet Tear Stain Remover Pads. These pads are gentle, effective and will restore luster to your cat’s coat. This product is a favorite among many pet owners!
- WOUND CARE: Support for minor skin infections. 21st Century Wound Spray is a soothing antimicrobial for topical bacteria, ringworm, various viruses and for soothing minor cuts and scratches. This is a great product to have on hand in case something does happen. Pick it up online or in stores today!
For a full list of our canine and feline health care products, visit us online at 21stessentialpet.com. Do you have a question about our products? Message us Facebook or Twitter. We are more than happy to help!
21st Century Animal HealthCare is excited to introduce you to two very important furry friends of ours: Simon and Sparky.
Simon (#MEOW) and Sparky (#WOOF) are what we like to call our “Pet Celebrities”. They’ve recently joined us as spokes-pets to add fun, knowledge and adventure to our social media communities. Both Simon and Sparky will be blogging and posting directly to our blog, Facebook and Twitter pages as themselves.
SIMON is a beautiful, furry feline that knows her stuff. She is recognized for being a smarty-cat and is frequently sought after for advice and expertise in many fields. Simon enjoys observing her surrounds, loves a good challenge and tries to learn something new each day. It’s not uncommon to see Simon relaxing in the windowsill with the hot sun upon her back. She loves sweet treats (cat-nip, of course) and the holidays. Simon grew up in a wonderful household and now lives in Phoenix, Arizona. She thinks she came from France originally and likes to be called SIMONE (pronounced C moan) but we just call her Simon since she really acts like Simon Says all the time. It’s her way or the high way, as we are sure other cat owners will understand.
– Simon’s Favorite Essential Pet Product: Hairball Chews because no cat likes hairballs and this stuff really works!
SPARKY is a 6-year-old mixed breed adventurous canine with a wealth of street and pound smarts. Sparky is friendly, sociable, handsome and well-traveled. He enjoys sports and likes to take walks as often as possible. Sparky can be found frequently enjoying treats, wagging his tail and socializing with friends. He makes friends easily and wants to spend his days enjoying life and making people smile.
– Sparky’s Favorite Essential Pet Product: Sparky loves the Dry Ear Powder for Dogs. He suffers from dry ear, itching and discharge. He’s had a lot of luck with this product!
Stay tuned for introductory posts from Simon and Sparky! They’re excited to share their stories with us.