March 23rd is National Puppy Day, one of our favorite pet holidays of the year. Why is it that so many people adore puppies? Well, we think it’s because they are so stinking adorable! What better way to celebrate National Puppy Day than to share pictures of adorable puppies? We can’t think of a better way.
February is dog training education month. The Paw Print Blog would like to take a moment to remind pet parents why a well-trained pet is great for everyone! Here’s what you can do to get there.
Dogs around the world could use a little extra training.
There are many dogs out there that could benefit from dog training and education. Whether it’s a puppy or an older dog that never received crucial training strategies, many different types of training are equally important.
Having a pet and being a good pet owner is a big responsibility. The time and energy you put into it directly impacts the health and wellbeing of your pet or pets. So how can you be a stellar pet parent in 2017? Since you are reading this post, you’re already off to a good start! The fact that you are interested in being all that you can be is a great sign that you truly care. Being a great pet parent is easier than you think. Read these tips and you’ll be on your way!
1. Don’t ignore the signs that there is a problem. If you have any reason to believe that something could be wrong with your pet, give the vet a call. Taking preventative measures could save you a lot of heartache in the long run.
2. Show them you care in as many ways as you can: hold, hug, pet, treat, train and feed them. There are many ways to help your pet feel loved and supported. Go with your gut on this one.
3. Don’t neglect to provide the health care they need. It happens without even knowing it sometimes. Check to make sure your pet is current on all shots and checkups. Don’t let an ailment go untreated.
4. Follow general rules and guidelines, like how long to keep them outside when it’s cold out or how often to administer supplements the veterinarian has recommended.
5. Don’t lose your temper. If you have a puppy or a pet that’s not trained properly, try not to go overboard when they have an accident. Some pets can’t help it. Screaming at your pet could make matters worse. Try to think about other ways to help in this situation: training classes, training pads, etc.
6. Take them out on a special trip. Don’t get cabin fever. Take your pet out and about to get some exercise, even if it’s just to your favorite pet specialty store. Give them some one-on-one attention and consider spoiling him or her with a new toy.
7. Clean up after your pet. Being a stellar pet parent includes a clean yard or litter box. Having a clean environment to relieve themselves in can help your pet feel more comfortable in the yard. It might also make your neighbors happier.
8. Give them more of your time. Try to take at least 15 to 30 minutes per day to play with your pet. If you have a cat, get a laser toy. If you have a dog, consider getting a new throw toy. If you’re stuck indoors this is a great way to help your pet get the exercise he or she needs.
9. Make sure they are clean and well maintained. You also should take time to check their paws for snow or salt after being outside during the cold months. Do this before a problem has the potential to form.
10. Don’t put off what you’ve been meaning to do in 2016 with your pet. Is there something you wanted to do with your pet in 2016 but you never got around to it? Does he or she have an issue that you have not addressed yet? Make 2017 great for you and your pet by achieving what you might have put off for a little too long. It could make you and your pet feel better.
11. We all make new years resolutions for ourselves, so why not make one for you and your pet. January is usually the busiest time of year for human and pet supplements as we all think about our health and wellness for the new year. So stock up on some 21st Century supplements to start your pet off to an energized and healthy year.
Happy New Year! Make it great, and please continue to read and enjoy the Paw Print Blog from 21st Century Animal Healthcare. If you have any ideas or topics you’d like us to write about, feel free to let us know via our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!
Hello Friends and Furiends. So, Simon wrote a post on the Paw Print blog stating that international cat day should be every day of the year. So what about us dogs? Are we just chopped liver? I think not!
August 26th is “National Dog Day” and I think it’s well earned. Don’t you? I have full intentions of taking advantage of this upcoming holiday. Us dogs work hard to be great, upstanding petazins. We greet our owners with the wag of the tail and cuddles galore. We offer love and affection that some humans or fellow pets wouldn’t get otherwise. I think that entitles us to at least one dog appreciation day a year. Sorry cats, we’re stepping in!
The title of this blog post might be a bit misleading. I don’t particularly think that dogs are better than cats, we just sometimes offer more. Take Simon, for instance. Simon is smart, yes, but she’s always sitting around on the windowsill or out being curious about something. When a human comes along she doesn’t get as excited as I do. Humans appreciate my excitement! I know! I can tell! I show that human (or fellow pet) that I love and care for them. Some cats just don’t do that as good as dogs. It’s a fact. But perhaps I’m a little bias (being a smart canine myself).
I have a few suggestions on how you can celebrate this wonderful holiday that’s all about dogs. Right, Simon?
First, treats are always a good idea. Dogs love treats. We love food. That’s all I have to say about that.
Secondly, give us some extra attention on this special day. I recommend a long walk so we can sniff around. A nice game of fetch or just some extra long cuddles. You should also let us sleep on your bed. At least for one night. It’s so cozy and we like to lick your toes.
Lastly, consider taking us to a store and getting us a new toy or a healthcare item we’ve been needing. It’s just so much fun to shop with you!
It’s not a bad idea to spoil all dogs on this day with extra yummy treats, love and toys. It’s all a good idea. Any additional attention or love you can show us on this day and any day is highly recommended.
I also love to get a nice grooming in for my special day, so that I can look my best and Essential Pet Salmon oil products help my coat to really shine on a daily basis.
As a final note: I would like to personally thank the 21st Century Animal Healthcare team. Thank you for the love you’ve shown me over the last year. I’m excited to be a part of this team. I hope that many of our blog readers will continue to follow me on the Paw Print Blog. If you ever have any questions for me or my co-working pet friend, Simon, just let us know. We would love to help.
Happy National Dog Day on August 26, 2016!
In anticipation for The Secret Life of Pets, we decided to put together a list of our all-time favorite pet movies. What are your favorite movies that incorporate the life of a pet? Tell us more on our Facebook page here: Facebook.com/21stcenturypet.
Let’s start with number 10 and work our way up to our most favorite pet-lovin’ movie of all.
- Shiloh – Haven’t seen this one? It’s a classic with a sweet and sad ending. A must-watch for sure.
- All Dogs go to Heaven – You knew this one would make the list! This is a memorable and impactful movie that will teach you a great lesson about love and revenge.
- The Fox and the Hound – This is an outstanding movie about friendship, loyalty and coming together when you need to the most.
- Marley & Me – Grab a box of tissues and get ready for a lot of laughs and some unavoidable tears.
- Beethoven – You must see this loveable classic movie about a large dog that makes a big impact on a family not prepared to take in this type of canine.
- Lady and the Tramp – This is one of America’s favorites. It had to make the list. Who could forget the spaghetti scene?
- Where the Red Fern Grows – This is as wonderful as it is adventurous. Watch this movie for a feel good family flick. You might even learn a few valuable things about life!
- Milo and Otis – A true adventure movie with a wonderful theme. It will keep you on the pads of your paws.
- My Dog Skip – A newer pet-related movie about a boy learning valuable lessons about life, with the help of his dog Skip.
- Homeward Bound – Anyone will fall in love with this truly daring movie. All three characters are wonderful and lovable in their own way.
Whether it’s My Dog Skip or Marley & Me, we love watching movies that incorporate pets in them because they are such a large part of our lives. Do you have a favorite? Don’t forget to share it with us! Stay tuned for a review of the upcoming movie: The Secret Life of Pets. We can’t wait to see it.
If you don’t love being around thousands of pets and the most enthusiastic pet parents in the world, then BlogPaws is not for you. On the flip side – If you love learning about the most innovative and greatest pet products, interacting with the most charming pets (some dressed to the nines) you’ve ever met and being around amazing people that make a living writing about pets and pet products, then you MUST be at the 2016 BlogPaws conference in Phoenix, Arizona June 23 – 25th.
BlogPaws is full of educational sessions led by leading professionals, networking with influencers, a busy exhibit hall, exciting brand events, more influencers, and lots of pets. Their pet friendly conferences invite all pets, everywhere in the event space.
This is our first year attending BlogPaws on behalf of 21st Century Animal HealthCare, but many of our employees have attended the conference in previous years. The first BlogPaws conference was in 2010. Each year, the BlogPaws team does a magnificent job showing all of us an excellent and informative time! We are incredibly excited to see what they have in store for us this year in Phoenix, which happens to be minutes from where our company is headquartered – lucky us.
For their 2016 event, BlogPaws will attract more than 400 influencers and more than 100 brands! There are so many great things about the conference, but among the best is being able to chat with the influential pet bloggers of the world. What have you all been up to the last year? Who will win best blog design or best blog post? We shall see!
21st Century Animal HealthCare will be featuring many of our trusted Essential Pet products and even doing some exciting giveaways at our booth (#6). Please stop by and learn more about our company and our fun and engaging blog: blog.21stessentialpet.com. We would love to chat with fellow BlogPaws bloggers to see what you are interested in blogging about. We have many new products we’d love to have you test and review. We hope to see you there!