Hello there! Welcome to the Paw Print Blog. Whether you are a first time or returning visitor, we would like to personally say THANK YOU for coming to our little corner of the web. Here you can find many different dog or cat related articles that include pet care tips, wellness tips, how-to questions and answers, fun and engaging posts, and much more! We are here to help you find, or just explore, pet-related topics that you might have questions about.
Do the dropping temperatures have you fantasizing about warmer destinations? Planning a road trip is a great way to beat the wintertime blues— but don’t forget about your four-legged family members!
There are few things that elicit feelings of excitement like bringing home a new family member. As soon as the decision has been made to open your home to a pet, it’s easy to begin entertaining visions of cozy evenings snuggling together on the couch and crisp afternoons of playing together in the sun. Sounds great, right? What else could there be to plan for?
March is the perfect time to start thinking about spring safety tips for your pets. It’s a great idea to get ahead of any issues that might rear their ugly heads in the upcoming months. Are you prepared for the warmer months? These quick tips should help.
For more suggestions and conversations about spring, visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/21stessentialpet. Join in the fun! We hope you have a lovely spring. Have fun and stay safe.
The first thing to remember is that not all pets are created equally. Like most humans, some pets have good and bad days. Some pets also have different needs than others. You have to keep these things in mind when exploring ways to keep your pet happy. Understanding and acknowledging your pet’s needs and wants will help you to achieve this goal. The fact that you are even reading this post is a good sign that your pet is probably already living a pretty wonderful life. Keep up the good work!
5 Things to keep in mind if your pet seems unhappy
(Cue wedding music now) Here comes the cat. All dressed in…? Wait. What? Did you just say CAT?
Yes, we said cat.
Did you know that thousands of humans include their pet each year in their big day? Do you have a big day approaching and want to have your most loyal furry companion at your side? You’ve come to the right blog.
Just like childcare providers, pet sitters and dog walkers are crucial for some of us to provide the best care possible for our furry loved ones. There are many reasons to appreciate and show our respect to these individuals, so we thought we’d write a blog post about it! If you are a pet sitter or pet walking companion, thank you for all that you do. We really appreciate it.
We know you are wonderful and understand the amount of pet-love that is required for this type of career, but have others ever wondered why people go into these types of jobs? Are you looking for an occupation with many loving rewards? Perhaps you should consider something in the pet business.
People around the web are talking about why they enjoy working with pets. Here are a few great reasons we found:
- You’re always greeted with a wag or a purr! People in this profession are usually passionate about helping pets. Working in a field that feeds that passion can be highly rewarding. Who wouldn’t want to be welcomed each day by these lovely creatures?
- Sometimes being a dog walker, pet sitter and even a pet groomer can mean that you own your own business. There are many benefits associated with having your own small business. Look into it! It might not be as complicated as you think.
- Helping a pet is more about passion than dollar bills. Many people who work with pets are helping them live a happier, healthier life. For someone who loves pets, this is more fulfilling than any amount of money coming into his or her bank account.
- Pets are exciting creatures! Human co-workers are great in their own ways, but pets are magnificent on different levels. Pets can be kind, loving and unpredictable. Working with pets can sometimes prove to be an unpredictable and fun profession.
- Are you having a bad day? Sometimes all you need is a furry friend to make you feel better. Pets have an amazing way of understanding humans and being there for us when we need them. If you work with pets and offer them affection and love, they might just return the favor once in a while.
- Pets can be challenging. Remember it’s not always going to be wagging tails and purrs. Sometimes separation from the owner can be stressful on the pets and that’s where the real skill comes as a pet sitter in managing to create an environment and support the pet while it is away from its owner or home space.
Whether you are thinking about working with pets or you do already, thank you for loving these beautiful creatures. We are in the pet industry as well and find it simply unexplainable how rewarding and amazing it is. We understand the time and commitment it takes to helping pets. Thank you for doing the hard work of being a pet sitter, pet companion or something similar. Here at 21st Century Animal HealthCare, we think you are doing a great job. Thanks again!
National Mutt Day is upon us (July 31st) and we are excited to celebrate! Why, you ask? Because any day that we can officially celebrate our pets is a great day for everyone. There are just so many reasons to love and appreciate our beautiful mixed breeds – and any pet for that matter – that it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few. We’ve tried our best and to help us get our point across we’ve incorporated several pictures for your enjoyment. We certainly love our mixed breed pets!
They are beautiful inside and out.
They are unique.
Mutts cost you less money when you first purchase them and you love them just the same!
Several mixed breed dogs are rescues. That makes us feel good about saving a life.
We love their personalities!
Mutts are said to be healthier than pure bred dogs.
Some people believe that mixed breeds have more common sense.
There are simply lovable!
Do you have a “mutt” in your home that you would like us to celebrate? Share of a picture of your pet and we’d love to post it to our almost 25K fans on Facebook. Thank you for celebrating National Mutt Day with 21st Century AnimalHealthcare and The Paw Print!
You’ve seen it in pictures and perhaps in your home. Do you have a pet that looks or acts like you or a friend that resembles their pup? When did these similarities start? It’s a wonder whether people unintentionally purchase a pet that they can relate to or if the comparisons intensify as the bond progresses throughout the years.
Do you think it’s true or just something people think they see?
According to a 2003 study by Michael Roy at the University of California, San Diego about whether dogs look like their owners, it was concluded that it does appear people want a creature like themselves (just as in the case of selecting a spouse (Berscheid & Reis, 1998)). In this particular study, they went to three nearby dog parks, photographed the dogs and the owners separately, and then asked a group of participants to try to match them up. Despite no additional cues, he found that they were able to work out who lived with whom with reasonable accuracy. The result has since been repeated many times.
Whether it’s personality or looks, do you have a pet that resembles you? Share a look alike picture with us on our Facebook page. Message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture and we’ll let our fans decide if the theory holds to be true. What types of personality traits do you think your pet has picked up from you or vice versa? We hope to hear from you soon.
Whether you have snow on the ground or you’re lucky enough to have warmer temperatures, February is said to be one of hardest months for people to enjoy. If you’re feeling a little gloomy – know that you are not alone.
Here are 5 easy ideas to make the last month of winter more bearable for you and your furry friends.
- When you start to feel cooped up – even though it might be freezing cold outside – open your front door, grab the dog, step out for just a few moments and take a deep breath. Look at the sky and perhaps the snow. Simply take a break the fill your lungs with fresh air. Doesn’t that feel good? Now get back inside, it’s cold out there!
- Embrace the outdoors like your dog does! The best way to enjoy the colder months is to appreciate it through your dog’s eyes. Don’t you wish you could play outside without a worry in the world?
- Go shopping at PetSmart and don’t forget to bring the dog! Sometimes all you need is a little retail therapy. Does the dog need a new sweater, winter booties or calming support chews? PetSmart has you covered. In fact, our Essential Pet products are exclusively available at PetSmart stores.
- Take time to relax. It’s ok to lounge around with a warm blanket, cuddly cat and hot cocoa watching your favorite flick. Sometimes being cooped up in the house all winter reminds us of the things that need to be done around the house. Don’t forget to take time to simply relax and unwind. Plan a movie or game night with your friends or family members! If you can’t be outside, you might as well be having fun inside. What fun activities are you enjoying indoors while the weather is less than ideal?
- Read and follow our informative pet blog for tips, pet advice, product recommendations, giveaways and more! We like to have fun on our blog but more importantly we like to help. Does your pet get stressed? Are you following your New Year’s Resolutions? Do you love Dachshunds? Meet our newest pet-celebrities! We’ve covered all of these topics and more. Check it out!
We hope these 5 quick tips serve as a nice reminder that you can have fun even when colder weather is taking over your life! Please be careful and stay warm. Thank you for reading The Paw Print with us.