You love your cat and she loves you. You enjoy each others company, spending time at home and perhaps outside, but do you ever think about what else there is to do with your furry feline? There are many ways to have fun with your cat and in many different places. Our pets are like our family members, right? So why not plan a family vacation with your pet? Below are a few great places to take your cat.
True or false? Cat whiskers and human hair are alike. False. Cat whiskers are unique because they actually have touch receptors. Touch receptors are embedded more deeply in the cat’s body and are connected to the sensitive muscular and nervous systems, sending information about the surroundings directly to the cat’s sensory nerves. Whiskers help the cat to detect and respond to changes in its surroundings.
Much like children, cats enjoy playing with or in boxes and if you’ve recently celebrated Christmas you might have several unneeded boxes laying around the house. Here’s an idea! Why not use those boxes and/or leftover wrapping paper to make great fun for your furry feline?
We’ve recently talked about how to include your pet in your 2016 New Year’s Resolutions. We also offered several tips to make the new year more plentiful for your pets. When thinking about the health and well-being of your pet, it’s important to remember that play time, love and attention are crucial. Doing something for your pet to help encourage these things is a great way to start your year off right. You’ll be surprised how much fun a cardboard box DIY project can really be!
Here are a few fun ideas to use the boxes and wrapping paper leftover from the holidays:
- Ball up wrapping paper tightly, connect a string to the end of it and create an exciting new toy for your cat. Drag the ball along the floor to encourage playfulness.
- Fill an open cardboard box with wrapping paper balls for them the roll around in and paw at. They will have the time of their lives!
- Consider using a large box as a new bed for your pet. You can even decorate the outside of the box with wrapping paper, artwork or just leave it plain. Place a cozy blanket inside the box for added comfort.
- Take several boxes and make a cardboard cat house. People have gotten really creative with this idea on Pinterest. Take a look here for several great ideas!
- Use the cardboard from the boxes to stack several rectangular pieces on top of one another to create a cat scratching post.
- You could even use the boxes to build a cat tent. You’ll also need a shirt, a few hangers and other materials to make it stand upright. Follow the link above for full instructions.
Whether it’s creating a new bed for your pet or an exciting new play area, the point is you are taking time for your pet. Making something fun is just one way to show them that you care. Creating something with leftover cardboard in the house can even be a fun project for you and your family to do together. Pets truly make our lives whole – wouldn’t you say?
Image Source: Pinterest