We love our pet-related holidays! They are a great way to celebrate our pets and a wonderful excuse to have fun with them throughout the year. Here is a list of pet holidays for March through December 2017.
Just like childcare providers, pet sitters and dog walkers are crucial for some of us to provide the best care possible for our furry loved ones. There are many reasons to appreciate and show our respect to these individuals, so we thought we’d write a blog post about it! If you are a pet sitter or pet walking companion, thank you for all that you do. We really appreciate it.
We know you are wonderful and understand the amount of pet-love that is required for this type of career, but have others ever wondered why people go into these types of jobs? Are you looking for an occupation with many loving rewards? Perhaps you should consider something in the pet business.
People around the web are talking about why they enjoy working with pets. Here are a few great reasons we found:
- You’re always greeted with a wag or a purr! People in this profession are usually passionate about helping pets. Working in a field that feeds that passion can be highly rewarding. Who wouldn’t want to be welcomed each day by these lovely creatures?
- Sometimes being a dog walker, pet sitter and even a pet groomer can mean that you own your own business. There are many benefits associated with having your own small business. Look into it! It might not be as complicated as you think.
- Helping a pet is more about passion than dollar bills. Many people who work with pets are helping them live a happier, healthier life. For someone who loves pets, this is more fulfilling than any amount of money coming into his or her bank account.
- Pets are exciting creatures! Human co-workers are great in their own ways, but pets are magnificent on different levels. Pets can be kind, loving and unpredictable. Working with pets can sometimes prove to be an unpredictable and fun profession.
- Are you having a bad day? Sometimes all you need is a furry friend to make you feel better. Pets have an amazing way of understanding humans and being there for us when we need them. If you work with pets and offer them affection and love, they might just return the favor once in a while.
- Pets can be challenging. Remember it’s not always going to be wagging tails and purrs. Sometimes separation from the owner can be stressful on the pets and that’s where the real skill comes as a pet sitter in managing to create an environment and support the pet while it is away from its owner or home space.
Whether you are thinking about working with pets or you do already, thank you for loving these beautiful creatures. We are in the pet industry as well and find it simply unexplainable how rewarding and amazing it is. We understand the time and commitment it takes to helping pets. Thank you for doing the hard work of being a pet sitter, pet companion or something similar. Here at 21st Century Animal HealthCare, we think you are doing a great job. Thanks again!